Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 07:47:17 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:04:52 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I use verizon pre paid. they charge a couple bucks per call for 411. up till a week ago it worked great. live operator helps a lot.

verizon changed to a automated attendant 411 service. it tries to use your voice to find the number, after like 5 or 6 failed attempts it connects you to a operator.

now i called and tried to complain about the change. verizon claiims its a contractor and they have no control.

yeah sure.... another verizon cost cutting effort. they care nothing at all about customer satisfction.........

And they just emailed me and others that they're going to throw away
my email if I don't read it for 6 months, even if I'm paying the
monthly fee.

Then they had nerve enough to end the email "Thank you for being a
loyal customer."

anyhow i am going to change from verizon to whoever has a live human operator..

i like my flip phone, its hard to damage, 15 bucks to replace, and verizon has the best network around here.

but the lack of customer service is appalying

That's why you use a real e-mail client and download your emai; off
the server. Once it is on your computer, it is YOURS.