Sofie

Default Toshiba SD-2805 5-disc carousel open/close tray mechanical problem

Maren:
Most repair shops that regularly repair this kind of item should be able to
straighten this out for you..... at the very least you should obtain a
repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with
facts instead of internet guesses.
If you take it to the shop after aborted or botched home repair attempts or
someone has forced (even gently forced) the mechanism, there may be
additional parts that need to be replaced thus producing a higher repair
bill.
This is not rocket science, but this is not a home project for the
inexperienced newbie.... take it to a repair shop right away and don't let
anyone force anything or disassemble it.
Do not perform "a few unscrewings and rescrewings" or you might be screwed.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

snipped:
"Maren" wrote in message
tray can't close all the way. I assume that this is a simple
mechanical problem that can be fixed with a few unscrewings and
rescrewings
Is this a problem I can fix? If so, how do I do it?
-Maren