Posted to uk.d-i-y
mcp mcp is offline

Default Another Blow for the Ecowarriors

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:45:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 18/11/15 23:34, mcp wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:16:52 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 18/11/15 20:50, mcp wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:03:23 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 23:19:57 +0000, mcp wrote:

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 22:08:31 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On the basis that a million lemmings can't be wrong? Actually, it used
to be 97%, not 99%, and it's now down to 43%. So *you're* in a
minority. http://tinyurl.com/nvg8xkn.

As a retired scientist I like to make my own judgement. The acid test
of any theory is that the results it predicts should reasonably follow
reality. The theory that anthropogenic CO2 is responsible for the
recent rise in global temperature fails that test, in that CO2 has
continued to rise, but temperatures haven't changed significantly
within their normal variation since about 2000.

As a retired scientist I would have thought you would put more faith
in figures from a peer reviewed scientific publication from a leading
scientific body(97%) rather than than a politically motivated
blog(43%).

There are plenty of well-qualified climatologists who do not believe
that anthropogenic CO2 causes global warming.

So why don't they publish anything in peer reviewed scientific
publication?

(a) They do, but the media doesn't report it and they usually lose their
jobs shortly afterwards
(b) because the peer review process is now not scientific, but
political, and the science magazines like nature are totally discredited.

Back to the conspiracy theories again.

Yeah. its the Koch brothers wot financed it for sure ;-)
Or big oil. Just like the tobacco companies innit?

The Koch brothers and big oil are funding scientists to say things
which hurt their financial interests? You make even less sense than
usual.

You are claiming that the vast majority of climate scientists, science
journal editors, peer reviewers, funding bodies, national and
international science academies and the media are engaged in a global
conspiracy. It's not remotely credible.