Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default (OT) Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?

On 11/18/2015 4:15 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:54:17 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

I've got the same kind of Tracfone and would like to know myself.
I googled it up and they advised 1-800-FREE-411 but it did not connect.
Dialing 411 just got an answer that said "free 422" then silence.
Let us know if you get something that works.

Frank

Tracfone is affordable, easy to use, and you dont need a contract. But
getting any help from them is tough. I found nothing on their website to
answer this question....

You confirmed that this is an issue that I'm not alone with.... I
suspect it's a common question. Tracfone could make their website more
useful....

Just sitting here, right now, I called 411 on my Tracfone and after an
ad got through. Since we pay for minutes ad maybe cost a quarter of a
minute and would cost more when using the service.

I have to guess now that the service is somewhat spotty but it did work.

My Tracfone must be 10 years old. I was not going to get a cell phone
but wife got a Tracfone and I'd borrow it when I was out in the woods
hunting. One of our sons put her on his family plan and she gave me the
Tracfone. Phone gave up the ghost and I replaced it with the $19 flip
phone. It meets my needs and has over 4,000 backed up minutes to roll
over when I buy the new annual plan for less than $100 and add more minutes.

I like the small flip phone that I can carry in the top pocket of my
shirt with no case.