Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default (OT) Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:52:46 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:31:38 -0600, wrote:

Is it possible to get "Directory Assistance" on a Cellphone?

I tried to call 411 and got some error message.

Anyhow, is there a special number to use to get "Directory Assistance"
on a Cellphone?

My phone is a pre-paid Tracfone (if that matters).

Can't say for sure what Tracphone does. Try 555-1212. There may be a
charge. ATT has directory assistance.

I remember that number, but it appears that all numbers dialed on a
cellphone require the AREA CODE, even if they are a local call (number).
I'll try it without the area code but I suspect it will ask for one. In
that case, should I just use my own area code, or what???

On my landline phone, there is always a charge for Directory Assistance
calls use on my phone bill, but i rarely use it anymore. I just use my
phonebook or the internet. If the cellphone charges, they would probably
deduct minutes, like they do if I was to get a ringtone or wallpaper
from them.... At least I hope so. I would hate to have to enter credit
card numbers....