Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Voltage when Switch is Off

On 11/17/2015 02:11 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

You probably need a low impedence meter to measure the voltage,
instead of high impedance that puts no load on the circuit. Usually
that means analog, with a needle, rather than digital.

It's a high source impedance (what causes voltage drop). It doesn't take
much load to drop the voltage to 0. A LED with appropriate resistor my
light.

I have the same situation with solid-state relays (used for holiday
light control), "off" isn't quite off and a LED load will light (dimly).
Any non-LED load drops the voltage to 0.

And stop posting urls with [img] in front of or behind them. Each
real user of usenet has to edit them out. It's better that you edit
them once, than everyone of us having to do so.

I see no purpose to the [IMG] (perhaps some web forum thing?), but don't
have to edit them to click on the URL (which my newsreader, Thunderbird,
recognized).

--
37 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine
whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on
about your business." -- Norman Vincent Peale