Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno is offline

Default Multi-conductor control cable: PVC vs.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:19:42 -0500, JC Gave
us:

On 11/18/2015 12:51 PM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 09:41:54 -0800, DaveC Gave us:

Your best and cheapest solution may be to use a VTN-200 heat shrink to
cover your standard PVC sheathed multicore. VTN-200 shrink is chemical
and oil resistant and easily available. eg. Ebay # 251726064642 Might be
an idea NOT to shrink it as it is more flexible unshrunk.

That’s a great idea. I’ll check it out.

Thanks.

Shrinking the right size choice can be flexible, but also then becomes
THICKER, as in a better armor against abrasion.

Good point, choose the diameter carefully depending on whether you
intend to shrink it or not.

Depending on whether you want the item you are shrinking over to be
grasped tightly by the shrink or not.

I have shrank tubing over a ferrite rod and noticed that a poor choice
results in a bit of magnetostriction. I choose one that fully shrinks
but still does not quite 'grasp' the rod. I get multiple benefits. No
more magnetostriction and a thicker spacing from the rod to my
subsequent winding, resulting in less parasitic capacitance and a better
antenna/inductor/transformer, etc.