Maren

Default Toshiba SD-2805 5-disc carousel open/close tray mechanical problem

My roommate was moving furniture, put my 5-disc Toshiba SD-2805 on its
side, with discs in it, and then when she hooked it back up, she tried
to play it with the discs all over the place inside. I've opened up
the chassis and taken out the discs, but the mechanism for the
open/close button is broken. When the tray is in the open position, I
push the open/close button to try and close it: the 5-disc carousel
spins, and the tray moves back into the machine. The carousel spins
into a position so that as it moves back into the machine, it hits a
plastic guard that appears to be in front of the laser, so that the
tray can't close all the way. I assume that this is a simple
mechanical problem that can be fixed with a few unscrewings and
rescrewings. I can't tell if the cogs of the tray are messed up or if
the platform that the laser-looking object is on is in the wrong
position. Is this a problem I can fix? If so, how do I do it?

Thanks for any info.
-Maren