Posted to alt.home.repair
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] is offline

Default Has anyone tried that 5 Second Fix (from TV commerical)

On 11/17/2015 11:46 PM, wrote:
Has anyone tried that 5 Second Fix (from TV commerical).

I dont normally pay much attention to commercials, but this looks
interesting. I have never found any glue that works well on plastics.
This stuff is supposed to glue all plastics as well as wood, metal,
glass and other stuff. From the commercial, it appears to be a liquid
which needs their UV light to harden it. (I wonder why that light makes
it harden?).

They say in the commercial that it's [quote] Not a Glue! Super Powered
Liquid Plastic Welding Compound".

If it works as well as they say, I'd be interested, even at what seems
to be a high price to me ($20.00).

But I cant think of all the times I've wanted to glue plastics and
nothing has really worked very well. Car taillights, plastic parts
inside cars, plastic tool parts, kids toys, broken off plastic tabs
inside electronics, (are just a few things that come to mind).
I know when I bumped my truck into a round hay bale, it broke a piece
off my taillight, which I tried to glue with epoxy. That fix did not
last long, so it cost me $80 for a new red lens. (I hate getting pulled
over by the cops for stuff like this). So, I would have gladly paid $20
for this stuff (if it works)....

I am NOT advertising for them, spamming, or affiliated with that
company. I'm just looking for feedback on this product. Commercials
always make things sound better than they are, but sometimes a product
is really worthwhile.... Maybe this one is? Or not?

Their website:
www.5secondfix.com

I used it on a glass dildo and I worked great!