Posted to alt.engineering.electrical, sci.electronics.components, sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.repair
DaveC[_4_] DaveC[_4_] is offline

Default Multi-conductor control cable: PVC vs.

I have forty years experience in designing and building machine tool,
robotic and automations systems. Whenever I require a cable that might be
exposed to oil or coolant contamination, or will encounter high rates of
flexing I only specify Olflex. It's more expensive than most, but a lot
less expensive than failure and replacement.

I appreciate that this is, enviably, wonderful cable. But it comes in minimum
size of 20 awg. If only it met all my requirements.

My need is for a hand-controller (think Atari joystick)€“carrying milliamps.
20 awg is overkill at the expense of weight, diameter, and (arguably) greater
flexibility.

Thanks.