Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Fan duration to determine when to change filter

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 8:32:44 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/17/2015 8:24 AM, TimR wrote:
I don't have a thermostat with a run time tracker and in fact have never seen one. So we need someone to tell us how they are programmed. In theory I don't see any reason why they couldn't track either fan or compressor, or both.

Mine just tracks "on" time. Hours for the day, hours total. There may
be more sophisticated models though.

What does "on" mean?

Burner on (which probably means blower on) or blower on only, i.e. Fan switch set to ON?