Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default NiMH Batteries: Long-Term Storage ?

Per Jeff Liebermann:
I probably
should also test some LSD (low self discharge) NiMH batteries, such as
Eneloop. I also should get off the computah and do something useful.

I only read about Eneloop after I had ordered these things.

Something like a factor of six or something improvement in
self-discharge..... and I wish I had known beforehand....

Self-discharge seems like the major drawback to NiMH: you need it, you
haven't used it for awhile, and it's not there when you need it.
--
Pete Cresswell