Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Is it illegal to fit a boiler yourself

On Tuesday, 15 September 2015 09:33:24 UTC+1, RobertL wrote:
On Friday, September 11, 2015 at 3:45:22 PM UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:
I fitted my last one, can i still fit my own?

Ta

Steve

People are assuming this is for a house. It might be for a boat in which case the rule is:

"We [the Boat Safety Scheme] strongly We strongly recommend that
any work on LPG systems be carried out by a suitably competent person. "

i.e. "recommend" not "require"

Robert

LPG is significantly more dangerous than natural gas.
Especially on boats.Being heavier than air it can collect in invisible pools and not disperse.