Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default Right length for table radio antenna

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 17:18:17 -0500, Micky wrote:
I have a table radio that used to have one stranded wire coming out
the back, about a foot long, which I think was the AM or FM antenna.

I want to replace it. Is there an optimum length for such a wire? Is
that measured from the variable capacitor? (I haven't opened this
radio yet, but that's where I usually see antenna wires connected.)

If a wire has one end, then it has another.
That ought to be adequate...

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | W3DHJ | W3DHJ | http://W3DHJ.net/