Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default external condenser for old tractor

On 11/16/2015 6:12 AM, stryped wrote:
I have an old 2n that has a square can coil that fits on top of the distributor. I am converting to a more reliable round coil similar to what the 8n used.

I am wanting to use a condenser that is external, meaning not inside the distributor.

Does anyone know of any vehicles that came with an external condenser so I can go to my local parts store and pick one up.

The coil I am going to use is one from autozone that needs no external resistor.

Thanks!

Use any condenser that will fit on the two terminals on top of your new
coil. Case of condenser (capacitor) is attached to the terminal that
goes to ground. Wire goes to terminal that goes back to your
distributor's breaker.

You will need to keep the condenser clean.

Paul