Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Trying to get the most out of a charger.

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:58:17 -0600, philo wrote:

The liquid itself is not explosive

but a gassing lead acid battery emits hydrogen and oxygen.

Isn't that WATER? (H2O)

In all the years I've worked with lead acid batteries...though it is not
common...they absolutely can explode from an internal short.

Does that short cause an internal spark?

I've never understood how a battery can develop a short, unless it's
dropped or crushed to cause the plates to move and touch each other. Or
if some piece of metal was dropped into one of the fill holes, but
that's unlikely unless it's intentionally done.