Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Trying to get the most out of a charger.

wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 00:48:52 -0500, Micky
wrote:

I need a DC power supply, bigger than what I've got. Any reason why I
can't connect two automobile battery chargers in parallel to suply the
same vehicle?

I've used two battery chargers at the same time on cars many times.
Never had a problem. Of course I'm talking about two small chargers.
Like a 6 AMP and a 10 AMP. I would not connect two 30 or 50 Amp chargers
together. I'm just charging at a rate of 16 AMPS, which charges the
battery faster than the individual chargers. Since you can buy a 30 or
50 A charger, 16 A is still minimal compared to the bigger chargers.

Just sharing my experience, not guaranteeing you can do it safely. But
like i said, I've never had any problems doing it.

One of the UK hobby magazines published a project for a super-duper battery
charger involving 3x LV lighting transformers, all assembled in a cheap
steel tool case.

Can't remember which one or how long ago.