Eric

Default Colour problem with Panasonic TX-28LD1/M television

sounds like the color control is set too high.

"Dr Hugh M. Aye" wrote in message
: Hi guys,
:
: About a year ago, my mother moved house and her Panasonic TX-28LD1/M set
: started displaying problems soon after - I can only assume that it
received
: a little bump during the move.
:
: The problem is that the picture is very red where it's supposed to be
red -
: i.e., people's faces look radioactive. It's just about bearable (my
: mother's been stubbornly putting up with it all this time), but it gets a
: lot worse when a DVD or video is playing - the red areas are VERY red, and
: the green areas are VERY green too.
:
: She's one of these people that thinks that you throw electronic stuff away
: and buy a replacement when the old one shows defects, so she's been saving
: to buy a new set for the past year. I've finally snapped and decided to
see
: how much it'd cost to repair before she goes throwing money around. Does
: anyone have a rough idea what might be wrong with it? Doesn't seem like a
: fatal flaw to me, but I just want to have a rough idea of what to expect
: before I go phoning up any TV repair places.
:
: Many thanks,
:
: Dr Aye.