Nigel

Default Colour problem with Panasonic TX-28LD1/M television

"Dr Hugh M. Aye" wrote in message
Hi guys,

About a year ago, my mother moved house and her Panasonic TX-28LD1/M set
started displaying problems soon after - I can only assume that it

received
a little bump during the move.

The problem is that the picture is very red where it's supposed to be

red -
i.e., people's faces look radioactive. It's just about bearable (my
mother's been stubbornly putting up with it all this time), but it gets a
lot worse when a DVD or video is playing - the red areas are VERY red, and
the green areas are VERY green too. (snipped)

Normal suspect on these sets (EURO 2L chassis) is the VDP3108 video
processing chip. Panasonic now supply an improved type which comes with a
replacement EPROM, some surface mount capacitors and an instruction sheet.

The chip is not cheap, so get the estimate first.