Posted to sci.electronics.repair
junebug1701 junebug1701 is offline

Default Samsung table battery does not charge

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 11:11:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi all

I have got a friends Samsung tablet, which does not charge - I tried another charger, and it still - slowly goes to 80%, that is it after some 4 hours.
The charger is not the problem, so - a wild guess is the battery itself.

It is 1-2 years old.

Does anyone know anything about this?

WBR
Sonnich

I recently fixed one of these for a friend at work. His daughter had let the battery run completely down on her 7" Galaxy Tab. He kept trying to charge it using a phone charger cable, and of course that did nothing. When I finally got him to bring the original cable and charger, it still did nothing.. Then I found a Youtube video showing how to pry the thing apart. I disconnected the battery, and reconnected it after waiting a few minutes. Put it back together, and then it started charging. It took around 6 hours for it to completely charge, and after that it worked fine.