Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Foundation Repairs

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 12:42:48 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We have been getting a musty smell in our basement and I think I finally found a spot in the corner where water is starting to come in. I have to admit this scared me a bit, but I contacted a guy at http://nocrackfoundationrepair.com in Arkansas area, and he was extremely helpful.

you need a interior french drain ideally with a gravity drain to daylight, or a sump pump.

first fix obvious issues like overflowing gutters, clogged drain pipes, ground sloped wrong way toward home etc etc.

note you cannot seal water out! drylock paint is fine for tiny moisture issues but not for real water in basement issues.

I worked ne summer as a laborer on my moms house wet basement. installed exterior french drain, resloed entire yard, all new downspout underground lines. i worked hard. spent over 8 grand. new sidewalks etc

had nice dry basement for a couple months. then the water returned coming up thru floor......

gave up and had interior french drain installed for $3500 bucks, that eded the water problems.