Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone ever upgrade to HID car headlights?

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:12:05 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/12/2015 4:20 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:28:10 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

prices have dropped dramatically

You mean those ****ing headlights that blind other drivers?

I've filed numerous complaints to the Federal and local State D.O.T.
asking them to ban them. The plain old common headlights worked fine
for decades, now it's come down to who can blind the other driver
the most and cause the most accidents as a result.

HID headlights are ten times worse against other drivers, (on dim)
than having standard headlights with the BRIGHTS turned ON.

In the early years I did see some cars that could blind you. I don't
know if they changed the aim, specifications, or something, but with
more HID lights on the road I don't see offenders as in the past.

I like the white light from them. I like the interior LED lights too.

I had a friend back in the 60's that replaced the high beam lamps in his car
with airplane landing lights. They lit things up really good.

We had a super driving light on the Renault rallye car - it was twice
as bright as a pair of super Oscars - when you turned that light on it
was like the sun came up, and 135 degrees of coverage laterally, with
a good distinct cutoff. Pulled the idle down a couple hundred RPM too.

Had 1 landing light in the high beam pod of the Cricket too.