Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert[_11_] Robert[_11_] is offline

Default Bullet makeup

"Ignoramus885" wrote in message

On 2015-11-12, Tim Wescott wrote:

On 2015-11-12, wrote:
A friend has the bullet that was removed from his dad in WW II. 8mm
German; it has a blue core. What would that core be?

I am guessing hardened heat treated steel, test it with a magnet.

Weren't German WWII bullets steel-jacketed lead? I'm thinking the blue
core could be corroded lead, or maybe copper.

this is what a magnet is for, inspead of speculating he will know in a
minute

A magnet will not prove either of your theory's. It will prove that steel is
present, but was it the core or jacket that caused the attraction.

Robert