Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default VOIP OPINION

Do you have a voip service? What does it cost you monthly? Are local
calls free? Long distance state to state?
I am thinking about dropping phone service and going with voip.
Your opinion?

I have been using 1-VOIP (previously called "VOIP Your Life") since 2007. I
pay $20.55 per month, which includes 500 minutes in the US and Canada. We
make very few phone calls and have never come anywhere close to 500 minutes
in a month. It comes with a variety of call filtering options, voice mail,
and virtual phone numbers.

It has worked very well for us. We haven't had any issues except for my own
network problem that prevented incoming calls from getting through. I reset
my modem, router, and switches and never had the problem again.

I had a different VOIP provider before 2007 (don't remember their name),
but they went out of business.

Before we switched to VOIP our local phone company charged almost $100 per
month (We're in a rural area). That was with NO long distance, and NO
filtering options of any kind. All of our family, and even stores in the
closest town were all long distance. Once I could get high speed internet,
switching to VOIP was a no brainer.

Because of the terrain here, we can't get reliable cell signals so that
route was not an option.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com