Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
rickman rickman is offline

Default Multi-conductor control cable: PVC vs.

On 11/10/2015 2:44 PM, DaveC wrote:
Find some silicone rubber sleeving of the right sort of internal diameter.
With a goodly amount of talcum powder , it should be possible to cover
some standard cable, using a "peristaltic" or snake-motion sort of
action, pushing and pulling, to feed it over the core cabling.

Are you saying that the PVC wont hold up to dino oils?

I don't know what "dino" oils are, but PVC seems to be resistant to many
things.

http://www.plasticsintl.com/plastics...nce_chart.html

Looks like there is more than one type of PVC. Why this particular
cable company? I wouldn't think the music industry has much in common
with machine tools. Why not use a cable from one of the cable companies
where they specify it for industrial use around oils?

http://www.igus.com/wpck/15050/overv...bles?C=US&L=en

http://www.lappusa.com/10150description.htm

If this cable will be continually bent and moved, don't you need a
special type of cable for that? I would contact one of the cable
manufacturers and find out what they recommend.

--

Rick