Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Help Thermal Fuse

In article ,
Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Thanks everyone! Decided to crimp on some 2" leads and thereby keep
soldering heat far away from the Thermal Fuse.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ivan-

When I've soldered a thermal fuse, I held a lead by a heavy pair of
pliers next to the body. The pliers had a rubber band around the
handles so my hands were free. So far there were no failures due to
soldering.

Some thermal fuses are supplied with a little brass sleeve for crimping.
However, it is difficult to get a good crimp between two solid wires.
Be sure you crimp to a stranded wire with the solid wire in the same
bundle.

Fred