Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Video projector sync problem

Half hour into a presentation , a varying small section of the picture
would break . Perhaps due to PbF problem , but did not seem to be
vibration sensitive. If anything , it varied with picture content.
About 90 percent of the image was sync'd properly, and the interference
moved about , so the information was there.
It seemed to start when there was large areas of black in the images or
perhaps just coincidence, once started , it remained much the same ,
just the vertical position randomly moved about.
The interference was , with a vertical line, the line would break
horizontally , leaving a curved line , partial loss of line sync.
At the moment I'm running with another pc input feed, before getting
inside, and no breakup emerged over an hour, but that would be typical
PbF of course. I'd like to eliminate a problem of syncing between pc and
projector firstly. Owner of the pc , when this problem emerged had never
had this problem with any other projector and this projector had never
had that fault before, even short term intermittant.
When the projector was switched off for a 10 minute break, the same
problem was there , with the same pc feed.
No name Chinese LCD type projector.
Any advice if I need to get inside ? no manual and nothing obvious on
any of the OSD menu screens for adjustment.