Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Hot and cold fill washing machines

In article , Tim Watts
writes
On 10/11/15 01:41, pcb1962 wrote:
On 06/11/15 08:01, Tim Watts wrote:

Interestingly, Miele, whilst complying with the lower energy settings,
seem to offer "defeat" devices for all the settings. I can wash at 90C
with extra rinses and extra water if I want.

Indeed, I press the "Water plus" button on every wash.

There's a programmable setting that makes it remember the last set of
options - IIRC it includes the Water Plus option.

Well we're in the process of looking for a new washing machine and I'm
tearing my hair out.
The approach seems to be "We've decided that you want to save energy.
Therefore we will offer you loads of programs none of which will allow
you to do what you actually want to do but whatever we have chosen that
you might want to do you can be sure we have optimised it to save you
energy thus preventing you from doing what it was you might think you
wanted to do."

No I don't give a **** how much energy the f***** thing uses - it's
negligible. I want to choose whatever temperature I want when I want and
I want the maximum spin speed when I choose to get the f****** clothes
dry!!! Bloody EU directives/regulations etc. all over it.
--
bert