IMM

Default Well OT - Any more prize winners out there?

"parish" parish_AT_ntlworld.com wrote in message
John Rumm wrote:

nightjar wrote:

You wouldn't normally have sent a cheque to these people, so they

wouldn't
have that information. The only other thing needed, besides your bank
details, is a copy of your signature. The early Nigerian scams used to

ask
you to send a blank, signed, sheet of paper, but that did tend to make
people suspicious. However, most people will obligingly sign the letter

in
which they send the details, so it only needs a modest skill in forgery

create a letter of authority to transfer funds out of your account.

alot of these seem to be so called "advance fee" scams. Where you end up
being asked to pay some fee for bank clearance / customs / bribes
whatever to get at "your" money. Neeless to say its this advance fee
that vanishes....

There was a nice case recently where a chap at a computer dealer
actually managed to turn the tables, and scam the scammers out of some
money by the same trick:

ROFLMAO. I like it :-)

I got this one...I was so sad when reading it. The poor souls!!!!
Anyone being ripped off by this is really naive. They must email millions of
people. They only the odd one though...

Subject: PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
From: "James Konan Bedie"
Date: + Thursday, 17 Jul 2003 4:49:49 PM0100

From : James Konan Bedie

Attn:

I got your contact through the International Brochure (I.B).I decided
to contact you on a mutual business relationship. My name is Mr. James Konan
Bedie the son of former president Henri Konan Bedie of cote D´Ivoire, who
was unfortunately toppled in a military coup in Dec. 1999 by General Robert
Guei.

As at when the military junta struck,and took over the elected
government of my father,i was co-ordinating his special businesses, and was
also in charge of all his deposit account with different financial
instituions in Europe.

To this,Luxemburg Goverment have already responded by exposing many of
my family´s bank account in their country. It is based on this development
that i have the mandate of my father to contact you and request you
specifically to assist my family, by helping us to secure this deposit we
have with a Holding company in Europe, which amounts to US$15 million
(fifteen million US dollars). This will make it impossible for the new
Goverment in power in my country, to have acess to this fund.

It is base on the fact that i am requesting you to assist us in
putting this sum of money in safe keeping by accepting to receive it from
the Holding company on our behalf by changing the name and signatory of the
account into yours so that it will not have any link to my family and for
that reason, my country will not discover it.

I will furnish you with the details of this transaction if you accept
to assist. For your efforts we will discuss what remuneration i will give
you when you reply.

Because of the urgency this issue requires. you should reach me on the
above e-mail addresses. Do not forget to include your telephone and fax
numbers while replying to this message.

I await your quick response.

Best regards.

James Konan Bedie.