Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Ambulance drone

"Nightjar cpb.me.uk" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/11/2015 22:04, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar cpb.me.uk" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/11/2015 16:30, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/y-rEI4bezWc

AEDs are an excellent idea but an awful lot of public places already
have one mounted on a wall somewhere. If you dial 999 and they decide
you need one, you will be directed to the closest. As, in the UK at
least, drones have to be within 500m of the operator, the extra
complication of a drone seems pointless.

Dunno, it would make vandalism much less of a
problem and would likely be much cheaper too.

Even where I know of units placed on a wall in the high street, vandalism
does not seem to be a problem.

Didn’t someone report significant vandalism in here in the past ?

Possibly the fact that the box is clearly marked that opening it will
alert the emergency services and there is CCTV covering the area might
help.

One of those reality TV doco series showed some arseholes
that appear to use that sort of thing as an incitement to
vandalise for the cameras etc when blotto.

And that approach would fix the problem I had too.

And the within 500m of the operator wouldn’t have to apply to those.

As the law stands in the UK, it would.

Sure, but that can obviously be changed for those.

Strictly, the rule is that the drone must stay within the operator's line
of sight, which is generally taken to be 500m horizontally and 400ft
vertically.