Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Does anyone run cable tv wire through the house anymore?

I want to echo running flexible conduit, its cheap, easy to work with, and future proofs your install.

at one time i was a dish network dealer & installer.

potential subscribers had me give estimates

the trouble was they wanted to rg6, but sat had higher frequencies. which required RG 12

they tried to insist RG6 would work.

I refused, and some found other dealers who took the bait and used their existing rg6.

when it didnt work they called me.

i said just run all new cables. they didnt get it, they just knew their install didnt work...

i quoted them thousands to replace all their cables so they would quit calling me

these homes were big million dollar ones, one just 3 years old, last i heard the one owner was planning on suing the builder