Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_8_] soup[_8_] is offline

Default OT Ambulance drone

On 10/11/2015 10:14, Nightjar cpb wrote:
but anybody can follow the instructions from an AED.

Yup your significant other/parent is lying there not breathing and
covered in their own vomit. Of course anyone (hah) will be calm
enough to use a piece of medical equipment.

(IMHO) You cannot ask an acquaintance of the injured party to do
ANYTHING beyond the "keep pressure on here"/ "go direct the Ambulance
to here" sort of help. Yes some will 'keep their heads' and do
anything you say but most will just be a 'gibbering mess".

ANECDOTE :-
I was the first aider at work when a guest had a heart attack and I had
to perform CPR on him, I was flapping big style (brought him back a
couple of times and he was still alive when he was put in the
Ambulance) if it had been someone I knew, I doubt I could have followed
instructions on how to use fairly technical equipment.