Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default OT Ambulance drone

In message , "Nightjar
cpb" "insert my surname writes
On 09/11/2015 22:04, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar cpb.me.uk" "insert my surname here wrote in message
On 09/11/2015 16:30, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/y-rEI4bezWc

AEDs are an excellent idea but an awful lot of public places already
have one mounted on a wall somewhere. If you dial 999 and they decide
you need one, you will be directed to the closest. As, in the UK at
least, drones have to be within 500m of the operator, the extra
complication of a drone seems pointless.

Dunno, it would make vandalism much less of a
problem and would likely be much cheaper too.

Even where I know of units placed on a wall in the high street,
vandalism does not seem to be a problem. Possibly the fact that the box
is clearly marked that opening it will alert the emergency services and
there is CCTV covering the area might help.

Yup, we have one on the village high street. On the wall outside the
village shop, it's never suffered vandalism (and we do get it in places
in the village)
--
Chris French