Posted to alt.home.repair
Chiily Willy Chiily Willy is offline

Default Does anyone run cable tv wire through the house anymore?

On 11/09/2015 09:31 PM, wrote:
Hello all.
Finishing my basement.
My wife wants a 50+" tv on the basement wall ..."whenever I'm done." We're NOT trying to make a "media screening room" with perfect seating and acoustics. Just a big tv with some comfy sofas.

My question is, is it worth the effort to extend the cable tv wire to this location from the main floor tv/cable/dvr box? Or are today's tvs and perhaps a dvr box upgrade so fantastic that I can just as well do everything via my local wifi network in the house? I haven't stayed current with the latest A/V tech and I just don't want to go through all the trouble to run the cable wire for nothing.

Install 1" or greater empty conduit all the way back to your
communications closet so when you need the latest and greatest
cable you can just pull it in.

Today's cat6 will be in tomorrow's trash.