Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help Thermal Fuse

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Replacing thermal fuse in wall oven power supply.
Does fuse measure temperature of ambient, or, temperature
based on current through fuse?

** Thermal fuses respond to the temperature of the case and are designed to have low self heating due to current flow. Makers specify the operating temp and also give a max continuous current rating at which self heating is not significant.

I ask because I would like to attach wire leads to fuse since
I screwed up soldering directly to the board.

** The thermal fuses I know have wire leads and look a lot like film capacitors or diodes. What have you got ?

..... Phil