Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air sampling fixture

On Sun, 08 Nov 2015 20:38:51 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 11/8/2015 5:18 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 08 Nov 2015 12:51:56 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 11/8/2015 11:24 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 07:51:19 -0500, Retired wrote:

Maybe the enclosure from a small stereo speaker ?
Or make it look like an air outlet like used in some central air
conditioning systems?

I'd like to build on a standard round Jbox (for ceiling mounts)
or a 4" square (for wall mounts). This gives me a place to stuff
"bits" as well as a scheme that would be familiar to installers.

Get your hands on a Maiko TK of the appropriate size and see how it
is made. I believe the plastic bits come off of the metal bits quite
easily, and you could very easily make it fit on a JBox

I'd like not to have to go into business making "covers".
So, would prefer to find something that can easily be repurposed
(and, if part of someone else's product, just approach them
to buy that component from them directly)

Check with Maico (or a similar manufacturer) if, after checking their
product for useable parts, you find it could be useable. Often you can
buy the shole thing for way less than the cost of the parts and just
drill out a few rivets or spotwelds, or cut off a part with a band-saw
and have what you need.