Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to cut round hole in metal siding?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 1:29:10 AM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 19:47:42 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 19:38:39 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 10:18:31 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 05 Nov 2015 18:56:41 -0600, wrote:

Should I just use a hole saw, which
will pretty much ruin the saw, or is there another method or
tool?

Golly gee. How 'bout using a hole saw bit to cut a circle with a
drill? You must be from Canada, eh?

Is there a "saw" that cuts circles, please let me know.

I've cut circles on my table saw many, many times.

In metal? Maybe I could learn something.

I cut aluminum on my table saw all the time and the trick to cut
circles is to have a pivot point (on a sled) and rough it in before
you start finishing the circle.

This guy does it without a sled. I'm not into drilling holes in my TS
top, so this method is not for me.

Start at 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWBeXiUmxsk

Not only that , but he cuts into the rising blade , a recipe for disaster
IMO . He should have been rotating that piece of stock the other direction .
We had a big DeWalt RA saw in the wood shop at my high school . We
discovered that if we set it at about an inch above the table and fed them
the right direction is would launch 2x4 chunks quite a distance ... like
across the shop , thru a window , over about 50' of lawn and across the road
..
--
Snag