Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default ii have a clawfoot tub with two seperate simple valves...my hot water valve seems stripped out .

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 13:53:30 -0600, philo wrote:

On 11/08/2015 10:05 AM, wrote:
my hot water spicket will not shut off it just keeps spinning...it will almost shut off then when it reaches the closed position it continues to turn. Like the knob is stripped out.. the spicket type is like an outside faucet you'd find in the garden...I know this is a simple fix....what should I replace?

Since there are two spigots you have asked a question easy enough for me
to answer.

Replace the /broken/ spigot.

Glad to have helped.

The easy answer is, if the "knob is stripped out" (handle) replace the
handle. Now, if the stem spline is stripped out, replace the stem.
After the water is turned off, of course. Glad to have helped.