Wanderer

Default using a shower unit to heat a swimming pool

On 22 Jul 2003 11:22:34 GMT, Smithwood456789 wrote:

I would be most gratefull for any
guidance offered before I take the plunge, so to speak. My plumbing and wiring
skills are now more than sufficient to tackle this so that is not a problem.

Several things come immediately to mind. What size is the existing filter
pump pipe-work? Is the shower unit pipe-work of similar size or smaller?
Will connecting the shower unit reduce the flow-rate appreciably? Will the
shower unit withstand the chlorine levels withing the pool? If you use slow
release tablets in the skimmer, the chlorine levels will be appreciably
higher than the body of the pool water. Also the shower unit *must* be
wired so that it can only come on when the pump is running. It is also
prudent to operate the pump for at least 30 mins before and after the
heater unit, to minise the risk of scale build up.

I am assuming that you have all supplies to the pool electrics fed by a
30mA RCD device.