Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dont they sharpen axes at the factory anymore?

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 17:22:48 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 19:55:36 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 16:24:34 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 19:18:54 -0500,
wrote:

We can get dry ice at the supermarket (Publix) and there is one of
those big ice shack vending machines right up the street that sells
block and bag ice.

When I needed dry ice in Florida, I 'd go to Lehr's Tackle shop on Hwy
41 and ship my seafood back home. It that place still there?

I haven't seen it. Where on 41.?

Just south of Pondella sp Road. East side, It was an old gas
station that became a tackle shop (relatively famous) for fishermen
headed to Pine Island. It may be gone now, I was just curious.

North of the old Edison bridge.

I have been here over 30 years and I bet I have not been up there more
than 10-12 times, not at all in the last 20.
There are a few places up there that fit that description tho.
The one I am thinking of was the Marine Trading Post the last time I
was up there and they had lots of new and used boat stuff.
I think they had bait and dry ice wouldn't surprise me.

Dry Ice at Publix showed up after Wilma and they still sell it. It is
in a little free standing "ice cream freezer" looking thing in the
frozen food area, We haven't had a hurricane since but people must be
buying it for something.