Mike

Default AOC 7vlr excessive HV

yeap, your right. bad fly.

i removed both focus wires, AND ISOLATED THEM APART, alot farther from each
other.

no more cracking.
but the high voltege comes up, and its on for a second, it makes a hiss and
shuts down, and tries again over and over.

the way it sounds, it sounds like a techno beat.

im thinking the uPC is seeing the shorted windings between the HV and focus
windings, and shutting it down.

Anybody know where I can get the flybacks for these?

"Mike" wrote in message
I have this monitor, and when you power it on, it will degauss.

The HV will kick up, and a loud snap is heard and it is shut down. the HV
sounded kinda strong in the first place.

after close examination, it was arching in the tube socked. I pulled the
tube socket and tried it again. and i could see the internal spark between
where the 2 focus leads go into the socket. I pull one of them and tried
again, this time I seen an arc with the same magnitude somewhere else in

the
tube socket.

Sounds as if the HV is going exessive and shutting down.

In other words, im guessing the safty hold-down capacitors.

Any ideas?