Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Speaking of clamps

On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 18:39:57 +0000 (UTC), lid (Drew
Lawson) wrote:

In article
Electric Comet writes:
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 00:15:34 -0600
Leon wrote:

OK with that comment the Stupid tattoo on your forehead is visible to

the point is that the price for these clamps you are pushing is too high

Leon, in my experience, does not push much of anything. He shares
his honestly held views and others take them or leave them. Having
seen pictures of some of his work, I tend to at least consider what
he has to say (same with a few others here). That's part of why
my recent bandsaw choice went with spending a couple hundred more
and got the Laguna. It wasn't based *just* on his opinion, but
that led me to sink some more time into researching the Laguna.

+1

I don't need any more clamps just now, and don't have any k-bodies
(just a bunch of f-style), but the details in threads like this
will be useful if/when I'm shopping again.

I'll probably pick up a few more, if I can ever get time to get to HD.

At my skill level, pipe clamps would probably be just fine. But I
have a few around 4', and those things are heavy.