Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to cut round hole in metal siding?

On 11/6/2015 8:37 AM, TimR wrote:
I saw a guy cut a hole through the armor of a tank.

Actually I saw it just after he finished, it took him two years of weekends and inviting friends for beer.

The armor had to be close to a foot thick. It was a working tank so he couldn't use a torch, but it needed a window in front for legal reasons, to prevent possible nefarious use should it be stolen.

In the corner of the garage was a very large pile of wornout drill bits and cutoff saw blades. He drilled lots of holes next to each other then connected them with a cutoff saw.

That sure takes determination. Glad he was a
success after a while. Some folks have the
skill to resharpen drill bits. I was shown,
by a German locksmith.

--
..
Christopher A. Young