Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default Capacitor Shield ?

"Michael Black" wrote in message
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1511052201300.16969@darkstar. example.org...
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Mark Zacharias wrote:

"M Philbrook" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...070%20Caps.jpg

In a Kenwood receiver. It is steel, not aluminum.

What is its purpose ?

Not sure, I don't think it's being used a Mu metal, cause
I don't see anything alarming there?

It could be there to enclose the rupthure if the caps
explosed I guess ? Who knows.

Jamie

What was the original question?

"Capacitor shield?"

At least, that was in the subject header.

Michael

Really tells me nothing. I work in audio, but Kenwood also is a major player
in the amateur radio biz. SO, I would like to know more details. Type of
equipment, model number, problems / issues, whatever.

Maybe I can be of help, maybe not. I cannot know until I have:

MORE DETAILS.

mz