Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hot and cold fill washing machines

On 2015-11-03 20:42, Capitol wrote:

I missed that one, but the 60 degree cycle time of 205 minutes
is totally unacceptable.

Getting washing machine manufacturers to quote really long cycle times is
just another way the EU is improving our lives. If you haven't had to buy
a WM for some years you will be surprised at how long the cycle times are
these days. To achieve low energy figures required by the EU the machines
have very long, low energy cycles.

However, you may well find that there are options for faster, higher
energy cycles. For example, a WM I bought early last year offers cotton
cycle options from 1hr 6' to 3hr 25'.

Miele is 1:30 to 3:mumble

Interestingly, Miele, whilst complying with the lower energy settings,
seem to offer "defeat" devices for all the settings. I can wash at 90C
with extra rinses and extra water if I want.