Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_5_] Dave M[_5_] is offline

Default Heathkit AR-1500A power transformer

If the part number on the transformer is 54-181, then you might be in luck.
There is one listed at Play Things of the Past web site
(http://www.oldradioparts.com) for only $15.00. I've ordered from them
before, but not recently. they're legitimate folks.
Be sure to follow the HOW TO ORDER instructions... it's a one-man operation,
so be patient.
The transformer is listed in the Power Transformers list (item 1372-053
(http://www.oldradioparts.com/2a23efl.txt).
The only drawback is that they have a $20 minimum order, so you might spend
some time with your AR-1500 and see if there might be something else you
need to get for it to help fill the minimum.

HTH,
Dave M

Reinhard Zwirner wrote:
John-Del schrieb:
I was just ready to pitch this beast into the sweet bye and bye when
my younger brother stopped me. It belonged to my father and my
brother wants to repair it and keep it for sentimental value.
Personally, I never liked the sound of it, but that's another story.

This quit working some 20 years ago when the bridge rectifier
shorted and took out the power transformer.

Is a transformer something that could be found? Any idea where to
look or what forum to join? Did another Heathkit model share the
transformer, perhaps earlier incarnations?

Absent that, is it worth parting out or trying to sell the carcass
on ebay? My oldest brother built it for dad and I can guarantee the
wiring and soldering are first class.

Maybe someone here

is able to help you.

HTH