Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default Heathkit AR-1500A power transformer

I was just ready to pitch this beast into the sweet bye and bye when my younger brother stopped me. It belonged to my father and my brother wants to repair it and keep it for sentimental value. Personally, I never liked the sound of it, but that's another story.

This quit working some 20 years ago when the bridge rectifier shorted and took out the power transformer.

Is a transformer something that could be found? Any idea where to look or what forum to join? Did another Heathkit model share the transformer, perhaps earlier incarnations?

Absent that, is it worth parting out or trying to sell the carcass on ebay? My oldest brother built it for dad and I can guarantee the wiring and soldering are first class.