Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How To Fill In Area Between Asphalt Driveway And Paver Pad?

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 12:25:03 AM UTC-5, HerHusband wrote:
What product should be used to fill in an odd shaped area between an
asphalt driveway and a paver pad?
A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll only use a hundred or so
in this post.
Note the area designated as needing to be filled in. It's a 1' x 10'
ragged-on-one-side, straight on the other, tapered wedge.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...way_zpsrztpjaa
u.jpg

The paver pad is there to provide a clean, solid area for people to
use when getting in and out of a vehicle. The tapered dirt area grows
grass and weeds, gets muddy, etc. It's easy enough to step over but it
looks like crap and it's hard to keep neat.

Can you cut the asphalt back so it's parallel with the pavers, then add a
couple more rows of pavers to fill in the gap? A masonry blade in a
circular saw should do it, or you could rent a gas powered demo saw.

If you can't find matching pavers, maybe you could relocate the outer row
or two to fill the gap. Essentially shifting the paver area towards the
driveway.

Good luck!

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com

See my (long) response to trader_4 cutting the existing asphalt.