Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default OT. All American Makers

On 11/5/2015 6:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/4/2015 10:22 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

It's a show on the Science Channel, Wednesday evenings. Inventors
try to convince Marc Portney to give
them money to progress with their inventions. Portney has two guys
that
test the products.
He also has average group of folk to give their opinion.

I was in a Kwik Fill gasoline station this week. On
the shelf next to the sales counter they had
telescoping rod for sale with a plastic bracket. I
read the box, they were "extendign selfie sticks"
or some such name. So you could hold your cell phone
out and take a picture of your self. I rolled my eyes
and said a prayer for the selfish, self absorbed dumb
Americans. I bet they sell a million.

They were a thing, then they became passe nearly as fast. Now they're
being unloaded at discounters everywhere. I keep wondering if I should
get one to use as an extension rod when I need to shoot a photo in a
space I can't reach or fit my arm in. Inside a pipe, for instance, or
under a car, or hanging over the eave to get a better view of
something under the overhang. Or even just to shoot photos at ground
level when I don't feel like getting flat on the ground.