Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Speaking of clamps

On 11/05/2015 7:07 AM, Leon wrote:

Are you talking about the sliding head moving when used vertically? If so,
the Jet K-body style clamps will stay in place. In case you decide to buy
that style in the future.

Is the REVO version the only Bessey now in production; they discontinued
the original/revised versions entirely?

In the period since last I did some more serious search and came to the
conclusion there really are no Al or other lightweight traditional
cabinet clamps available any longer...makes me wish had taken the rest
of the old geezer's Lynchburg collection! Altho I doubt I ever do
much _volume_ of work going forward; just too much other stuff in the
way on the farmstead...plus age so they'd just be adding to the
"collection of stuff" here as somewhere else, wherever they ended up.